|Full Name||Neel Adwani|
|Date of Birth||19th January 2001|
Bachelor of Technology
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, India
June - Sept 2022
Robotics Research Centre, International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Implementing a functional robotic arm for visual servoing on an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.
- Developing a framework for safe landing of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, based on images from depth camera.
Open Source Projects
Brain Controlled Robotic Joint
- Amputees face physical and emotional challenges in their day-to-day life, and their struggle is immeasurable. To solve this problem, I'm presenting a robotic joint, that can be used as a limb (once combined with prosthetics) and can help them control an artificial arm or leg using their brain. Although the headset contains only a single channel, it can still be a stepping stone to cutting-edge technology.
- An online tool to create or join random study sessions, based on Jitsi Meet. (basically omegle for education)
- PresentQuick is a tool that can convert a long article or research paper into a simple presentation, that makes it easier to understand. It uses NLP to analyze long pieces of content and recollects the most important sentences and breaks them down into slides. This web application can be used either for presenting something to the audience of even to get a simple understanding of a complex topic.
- Character.io loads a new set of cartoon characters whenever the page is reloaded. If you don't like that set, just press the space bar and it'll load a new one for you! The algorithm behind character.io uses the power of generative adversarial networks, which are nothing but just two neural networks competing against each other. Where the generator would generate a character set, and the discriminator would evaluate if the character set is good or not. Both of them are trained against each other.
Honors and Awards
- First Overall at Hack the Runway by Major League Hacking
- Represented the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies at AIAA DBF 2022
- First Overall at BostonHacks by Boston University, MA
- Best Social Impact Hack at SBUHacks by Stony Brook University, NY
- Best Re-Think Automotive Hack and Most Creative use of Twilio at PennApps by University of Pennsylvania, PA
- Best Hardware Hack at University of California, Irvine, CA
- First Overall at Social Entrepreneurship Competition by the American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Third Overall at Future Health Hackathon 2071 by the Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE
- Best Web Monetization Hack at BorderHacks by University of Windsor, Canada
- Best Hardware Hack at Hack the Earth by Hack the Earth Foundation, Canada
- First Overall at Surfs up Hacks by Major League Hacking
- First Overall at Hack-ccessible by Major League Hacking
- First Overall at Hack at Home II by Major League Hacking
- Second Overall at Neighborhood Hacks by Major League Hacking
- Third Overall at Bon Voyage Hacks by Major League Hacking
- Best Undercover Hack at Agent:Hacker by Major League Hacking
- Best Hack for the Wild at WildHacks by Major League Hacking
- Most SharkHacks Shark Hack at SharkHacks3 by Major League Hacking
- Best Use of Google Cloud at Hacky Birthday MLH by Major League Hacking
- Best Hardware Hack at Mental Health Hacks by Major League Hacking
- Second Overall at HackBMU by BML Munjal University, Gurugram
- Best Hack for Natural Disasters at Hackbout by Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bengaluru